[Wine] Re: Steam crash when installing/launching any game.

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 27 16:18:31 CDT 2008

rentacop wrote:
> Followed the link and still nothing.
>
> Double click the game icon in steam and steam just crashes and shows the output i have posted above.

Hi, I don't know, but I am quite sure you posted this:

> Hello, I am using Ubuntu 8.04 x64 with wine-rc4 and cant get steam to install any game. Steam will work and let me navigate through the tabs/ect but once I click "Install Game" it crashes. I've tried several re-installs with no success. Here is my error message
>
> err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} not registered
> err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} could be created for context 0x1
> Segmentation fault

On AppDB. Someone answered but you've already done that on your topic.

Could it be a steam issue, maybe?

And I may be shooting blanks here, but maybe if you would access the trace (or debug) to see exactly which function is causing the segfault.

Did you try running a clean wine install? Also, do you have any DLL Overides? Is steam setup to the default (and steam-community ingame disabled?)

Jorl17