[Wine] Fortress Forever, TFC and of course..Wine [Problems]

sixofour wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 28 14:11:35 CDT 2008

So, TFC works great under wine, no problems cept one, i can't connect to any servers. The world renders fine, my sound is fine, everything is good cept connection to server. I can browse the server list, see updated info from master server, i just can't join any games. Latest Wine.

Fortress Forever, i cannot even ping the master server, nor can i enter the game. I can browse menus and set everything up, but when i try to load the game, as soon as the game world renders and i pick my team, the game crashes, usuaslly with a C++ error, but i am never able to see the message box [more in next paragraph] I put all the settings in FF to the lowest, and i can only seem to use Direct X 9.0c Ive done everything in appDB, and none of that fixed my problem. So does anyone have any ideas why it crashes? I am able to run glxgears fine, and i am using the Ati restricted drivers.

Wine problem: well, wine windows go unresponsive..alot, and for some reason, wine only uses the top left 800x600 section of my screen, if anything is outside this section, it is garbled mess, and since you can't move windows around in wine, i am basiclly screwed in that aspect. How do i fix this?

2.5GHz Celeron, 1.2GB DDR 333, Ati Radeon X1300