[Wine] Distro Differences?

Prenlee wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 29 04:41:49 CDT 2008

Hello,

Several of us have been using Wine to play Warhammer Online (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=13139&iTestingId=29914).  Until recently it worked fine with 1.1.2 on Ubuntu (Hardy).  Then the games patcher was updated and it no longer runs instead it hangs without returning when first run.  This problem seems specific to Ubuntu as it still works for others.

I've tried this on two separate machines and had the same problem after the patcher updated, another Ubuntu user has had the same problem.

I've tried Wine 1.1.2, 1.1.3 and various installs from GIT but all have the same problem.

I've then tried the same install of the game under Gentoo and it works (using 1.1.3 or 1.1.0).

Is there something specific to the Distro like default config or dependencies that could be causing this problem?

Thanks,
Matt