[Wine] Re: WAR Beta Installer issues

Prenlee wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 29 05:43:52 CDT 2008

Armenius wrote:

> Hm, well after moving said file I no longer was receiving the patching error, but then again opening WAR.exe or warpatch.exe resulted in absolutely nothing happening  :?. Frustrating...

Are you running Ubuntu by any chance?

I'm probably getting the same problem as you:
If I go into the wine settings window and turn on the Virtual Desktop.  Then run "wine warpatch.exe" the virtual desktop will load but no patcher.  If you single click the close button "X", the patcher login window will appear, then disappear without entering anything into it after ~20 seconds.

I guess clicking the close button is breaking a loop/deadlock which is stopping the GUI from displaying, but only to make the app close in a few seconds.