[Wine] Windows Program Manager

schmidtbag wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 30 11:26:10 CDT 2008

Today I just thought of a great idea to organize my windows programs - use Program Manager.  I noticed this comes with wine, and I run it but I can't do anything in it.  I can create a program group but it gives me an error mentioning that it won't work with a Microsoft program manager.  It won't allow anything else to be created.  I tried a Windows XP and 2000 progman.exe, both of which somehow had the same results (both are different file sizes so I'm sure they're different).

I did try a Windows 3.1 progman.exe.  This did happen to work the most.  I could create program groups and icons in it, and some of my programs would run.  Unfortunately, it can't read full names of files and directories, which is partially what I'm assuming is the problem.

So, does anybody know how to make a Windows 2000 or XP version of progman.exe work in Wine, or does anybody know of a good alternative?