[Wine] Error from porting over software for work.

DigitalEagle wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 1 18:14:38 CST 2008

Hello all,
I've been following Wine for a long time but only recently tried to make good use of it.
Our company is a depot replacement for a larger company that sends customers PC's for different financial tasks.
I have a specific program we use for the customers and I'm trying to push the issue to get away from customers having Windows PC's and moving to Ubuntu.

For the most part, the program uses MDAC 2.5.1 and DAO. I installed MDAC 2.5 using Winetricks and installed the software into Wine without any problems. The program has two executable, one to configure the program and the other is the program itself.
The configuration program loads without error and is able to access the data files it needs (mdb and xls) to populate it's fields. However, after I configure the program and launch the program we use, the executable fails to launch completely.
I tried running the program through the terminal and got these errors in response:

Code:

err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {6c736db1-bd94-11d0-8a23-00aa00b58e10} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {6c736db1-bd94-11d0-8a23-00aa00b58e10} could be created for context 0x1
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {ecabb0c0-7f19-11d2-978e-0000f8757e2a} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {ecabb0c0-7f19-11d2-978e-0000f8757e2a} could be created for context 0x1

I get no other errors than that, and running in Debug mode didn't really help me figure out what might be missing.
Is there something I need to register? Might this have to do with other parts of database access? I assumed since the configuration program doesn't have problems with reading and writing to mdb and xls files that this wouldn't be the case.

I feel a bit at a loss here and I would really like to migrate the company from Windows.

Thanks in advanced for any input. :)