[Wine] Unhandled Page Fault ....Help Me...{unixODBC is Crashing in Wine}

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 3 10:35:40 CST 2008

>2 0x60b51b11 function_return_ex+0x281(level=3, handle=<register ESI not in topmost frame>, ret_code=-1, save_to_diag=0) [/root/unixODBC-2.2.12/DriverManager/__info.c:4791] in libodbc.so.1 (0x7ed37dbc)

Are you running as root?  If so, this may be the cause of your problem.

If you are running as Oracle, why did you install the ODBC as root?

>I request to fix this issue where exactly the problem could be.

I think you want someone to fix this for you.  The problem appears to be that the unixODBC program is causing Wine to crash.  I do have a request for you:  Please install the Windows Oracle Client and see if you can tnsping your Oracle server.

James Mckenzie