[Wine] Preventing Wine from creating shortcuts

jasetaylor wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 3 14:08:07 CST 2008

Hey, I'm new to the forums but by no means a noob

but it's come to the point lately where I'm creating scripts (bash mixed with autoit) where I create a new bottle, silently install the program and then do any fixes etc in the script making it all completely automated (as i tend to re-install my system a lot)

The issue I'm having though is the shortcuts wine creates

Desktop shortcuts i can simply do an rm -f $HOME/Desktop/app.desktop

but the menu options are becoming annoying

ALL installed apps get menu's created in the wine section (im using Gnome with ubuntu 8.10 intrepid)  but I wish to create my own shortcuts so i can have ,for example, photoshop CS2 in the graphics menu

Now i know how to create the shortcuts etc

What I want to know, is there any way to prevent wine from creating it's own shortcuts?