[Wine] Re: Pop peeper from windows using wine in Kubuntu

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 5 06:19:32 CST 2008

ray30 wrote:
> thankyou I have posted with the ubuntu/kubuntu forum, even though told by one of the kubuntu forum user to use this forum???????
>

> ray

You started out with one question:
- Why does my app not work in Wine?

You got the answer here: somehow your configuration is messed up and it makes you have no /etc/hosts. This question is, however, not Wine-specific but configuration-specific and should therefore preferably be asked on your distro's support forum, where tons more people can help.

It comes down to this: if you ask the right questions at the right places you probably won't have to be redirected to other forums all the time. The Wine subforum in the Ubuntu forums might also help, since that is a Wine+Ubuntu specific forum.

I can't really help you find a solution as I have a stable DSL connection over a wireless network, so good luck with finding a solution to your problem I guess! :)