[Wine] ActiveX & ADO?

Morgan Read mstuff at read.org.nz
Sat Dec 6 03:27:04 CST 2008

On 05/12/08 03:43, vitamin wrote:
> Morgan Read wrote:
>> Is there anyway to have ActiveX & ADO work with WINE?
>
> ADO should work if you install it. ActiveX also should be supported via wine_gecko.
>
> If you having any problems with both, please open a bug report in Wine's bugzilla.

Vitamin, thank you.

I've installed the ADO (see below for an interesting tale) and
wine_gecko, but I now get the following error:

RTG Bills (window title)
Method '~' of object '~' failed
[OK] (button)

Clicking "OK" gets me to a database location selection dialogue window,
which when I click "Save" provides me the following window:

RTG Bills (window title)
RTG Bills will exit. Start it again to use the database you selected.
[OK] (button)

Clicking "OK" and restarting simply sends me round in the same loop
again.  (BTW, this was the behaviour before I installed ADO and
wine_gecko, but with the different initial "fail" dialogue box.)

MS ADO INSTALL:
I tried installing the ADO by following the "MDAC 2.8 SP1" links from
this page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/data/aa937729.aspx  The
MDAC_TYP.EXE I ended up with (via a Windows box, it wouldn't let me
download to other than a "Genuine bla bla") reports:

FATAL SETUP ERROR (window title)
This setup does not support installing on this operating system.
[OK] (button)

Any ideas how to go about installing ADO on WINE...
Well, I've just answered that one for myself - the answer is to install
the MDAC_TYP.EXE by following the "MDAC 2.8" links on the above page -
perhaps M$ has got wise to people installing ADO on WINE with their SP1
release?...

Regards,
Morgan.
--
Getting errors: "There are problems with the signature" (or similar)?
Update your system by installing certificates from CAcert Inc, see here:

Morgan Read
NEW ZEALAND
<mailto:mstuffATreadDOTorgDOTnz>

fedora + freedom; fact || fiction?