[Wine] Re: Wine + openSUSE 11.0 64 bit

English_Mohican wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 6 14:05:46 CST 2008

I am a bit puzzled because Yast normally sets everything up very well. I compile my wine from git so Yast does not sort things out for me. However if you  look in /usr/lib do  you have libgphoto2.so?

I expect you to have libgphoto2.so.2 and libgphoto.so.2.3.0 but maybe not the simple .so version. If you do not have one, try copying libgphoto2.so.2 and pasting it back. When you are asked what to call it just enter libgphoto2.so

You should probably run ldconfig in a terminal window to ensure the .so file is found.

If Wine then works, the explanation is that wine looks for the .so file but OpenSuse does not set one up for the 32 bit libraries on a 64 bit system.

This is one of my hobby horses - so if I am right, please let me know.