[Wine] Help with Battlefield 2 and EADM

fergatron wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 6 18:56:31 CST 2008

Hi,

I purchased BF2: Complete Collection from EA's web site about a year or so ago.  I was running Windows and bought it using EA's Download Manager (aka EA Link).  I couldn't run the game without that program being active.  Now, I proudly, run Linux full time and I can't get the game going because it still depends on EADM.  I installed EADM, but it won't run.  Is there a work around - it's darn near impossible to submit a question on EA's Support site.

I have a valid license, but it looks like either the license or the install file I have are bound to EADM.  My only other option is to torrent a copy of BF2 and apply a crack or get another license.  This is crazy!  Thanks for any help.

Fedora 9 x86_64
nVidia GeForce 8600 GT
Wine-1.1.9-2.fc9.i386
Battlefield 2 v1.41