[Wine] Re: chm NOT fixed but success elswhere

jcfuller wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 7 04:40:00 CST 2008

austin987 wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 7:44 AM, jcfuller <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > First: Contrary to claims chm viewing is NOT fixed.It's better but graphics and the index are still broken. I washed my hands on bug reporting of the problems, as I now use firefox with the chm addon which works even better than the last kchmviewer I tried.
> >
> > Great News:
> > I installed the latest PBWin9.0 and the first example I tried worked flawlessly.
> > This surprised me as this was a COM example that uses the Microsoft WebBrowser Object.
> >
> > James
> >

> So please report a bug in an app we can reproduce and fix :-)
>
> --
> -Austin

Been there, done that only to be basically called a moron.

There has been progress, but to claim it fixed is not true.

I don't know what was used to test this but I have yet to find any chm that displays correctly.

Here are screenies of PowerBASIC's PBWin90 chm main screen.

Windows
www.jcfuller.com\PbWinChmScreen.PNG

Wine:
www.jcfuller.com\PbWinChmWine.png