[Wine] ActiveX & ADO?

Morgan Read mstuff at read.org.nz
Sun Dec 7 16:44:43 CST 2008

On 06/12/08 23:19, qwertymn wrote:
>> [/quote]Method '~' of object '~' failed [quote]
>>
> I've seen that error before. Somehow the install of ADO seems to be a
> bit tricky. For another ap the following worked:
>

> rm -rf ~/garbage
>
> wget http://kegel.com/wine/winetricks
>
> WINEPREFIX=~/garbage sh winetricks vb6run art2kmin mdac27 wsh56
>
> WINEPREFIX=~/garbage wine setup.exe ( run the  installer of the
> application)
>
> cd ~/garbage/drive_c/Program\ Files/Path to the application
>
> and run it
>
> WINEPREFIX=~/garbage wine app_name.exe

Qwertymn, your going to have to bear with me on this one:)

This "~/garbage" directory - is that a euphemism for "~/.wine",
otherwise I don't have this directory to remove?  With that first line,
are you suggesting I remove my current wine install from my user
account? Then, reinstall the application after using winetricks to
install "vb6run art2kmin mdac27 wsh56" and then run it?  Why the use of
"WINEPREFIX=~/garbage"?

Hope these Q's aren't too lame...

Many thanks.
M.
--
Getting errors: "There are problems with the signature" (or similar)?
Update your system by installing certificates from CAcert Inc, see here:

Morgan Read
NEW ZEALAND
<mailto:mstuffATreadDOTorgDOTnz>

fedora + freedom; fact || fiction?