[Wine] powermac g4

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 7 22:13:27 CST 2008

Austin English wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Timhansen46 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
>> Tried using darwinports and fink neither one made a difference.  Oh well guess this wont work.  Why would darwine make a version of their program for ppc if it doesn't work?
>>

> The old version of Darwine included qemu to emulate an x86 CPU, but
> AFAIK, it never worked too well, and now is horribly outdated.

One of Mike Kronenberg's projects that he works on is the X86 emulator
for the PowerPC.  I do not know the status of this project at this time,
but he stated he was working on it for  a while.  Maybe I will look into
this as I also have a PowerMac G4.  However, that machine also has power
problems and might need a new logic board or DC to DC board, both of
which I am not looking forward to replacing.

James McKenzie