[Wine] Re: Could Not Locate Entry For HAL.DLL In Setup Log

zenarcher wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 8 12:25:13 CST 2008

Perhaps I have made some progress, after going through the Wiki.  At least I don't have the same error when I try to install now.

I downloaded a copy of HAL.DLL and installed it in the \windows\system32 folder under the "C" drive in WINE.  I thought perhaps that would resolve the issue.  It seems to have helped, but gives me a new problem.

I am now getting further toward installing, but at the end of the install I am getting this error message:

"Setup has detected that the Service Pack version of the system installed is newer than the update you are applying to it.  You can only install this updat on a computer with no Service Packs installed."

Does anyone have a suggestion or idea here?

Thanks,
zenarcher