[Wine] Re: pcbartist

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 9 06:38:14 CST 2008

yonnie wrote:
> Cannot install PCBArtist.  Using Lenny and wine 1.0.1-1.  AppDB suggests going to c:/windows/temp/r... something or other but that folder isn't there.  Tried copying the the install file to several different folders, including trying to install from the terminal.  In terminal mode I get complaints about x server and setting display mode.  I get a window that briefly flashes by and an error window box about using option  /a.
>
> AppDB lists program as Gold, does that mean it's supposed to run?

Gold means it ran fine with some tweaks for that particular person in that particular version of Wine.

The first thing I would suggest is fixing whatever Wine is complaining about with the x server and display mode. Wine can't display resolutions that your system doesn't support. If it still doesn't install, try upgrading to the latest development release of Wine (1.1.10) and see if that works. If none of that works--post console output.