[Wine] Re: "Socket type not supported" error

kbbass wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 9 18:47:05 CST 2008

OK, I think I got something.

In my past life as a software designer, this would be referred to not as a "bug", but as a "feature" (please, no flames, just a little luv...).

In the registry, under the key: HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/WinSock2,
there are several dummy keys (in the default Wine setup). I imported the WinSock2 tree from my XP installation, and that cured the Socket type not supported message. It looks like it must have been just a message, and not a failure.

But my service still won't start - it reports a service request timeout (that message may be from the app, not Wine).

More digging around debug messages....

ken