[Wine] Powerpoint 2007 unable to insert video

lostandfound wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 12 18:54:44 CST 2008

Hi, installing Office 2007 was a breeze, I then added the override for riched20.dll.

Word works fine AFAICS except for font anti-aliasing, but that's not crucial for now.

Powerpoint can import .wav files but not .mp3 files. More crucially, I'm unable to import .mpg or any other video files.

http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-470842.html has maybe a similar problem (year-old thread on ubuntuforums).

Original error message is:-

Code:
fixme:mci:MCI_LoadMciDriver Couldn't load driver for type L"MPEGVIDEO".

My system.ini shows:-

Code:
[mci]
MPEGVideo=mciqtz.drv
MPEGVideo2=mciqtz.drv
avivideo=mciavi32.dll
cdaudio=mcicda.dll
sequencer=mciseq.dll
vcr=mcivisca.drv
; videodisc=mcipionr.drv
waveaudio=mciwave.dll

Based on some random threads I read, I tried copying mciqtz32.dll and mciavi32.dll from my Vista install (don't have a XP install handy ATM). I then changed system.ini to this:-

Code:
[mci]
MPEGVideo=mciqtz32.dll
MPEGVideo2=mciqtz32.dll
avivideo=mciavi32.dll
cdaudio=mcicda.dll
sequencer=mciseq.dll
vcr=mcivisca.drv
; videodisc=mcipionr.drv
waveaudio=mciwave.dll

The new error I get is:-

Code:
fixme:msi:MsiUseFeatureExW mark product L"{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}" feature L"CAGFiles" as used

As of now, I'm stuck. Anyone have any ideas? Kind of pointless to use Powerpoint without videos, after all, as that's (for me) the major problem with Impress ATM. [Rolling Eyes]