[Wine] Re: IEEE 1394 - FireWire DV CAM controle

macmatrix wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Dec 18 19:20:22 CST 2008

vitamin wrote:
> Wine does not talk directly to hardware. If it's not supported by your system (read have working drivers) Wine can't talk to it.

I do not understand. :|

Premier, Avid are able to control and capture from DV Cams. These application natively support it. Question is if WINE supports the communication between the foreign application,  let's say Premiere , and the Host OS like Linux.

What I understand is that Premiere sits on top of WINE and WINE sits on top of Linux or OS X. So my guess is that WINE will be some how involved in the communication.

Ok Final Cut Pro is only for Mac so it is a bad choice. My Bad!