[Wine] Wine and Mac Os X

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 20 10:38:58 CST 2008

Doris <wineforum-user at winehq.org>at: Dec 20, 2008 8:03 AM (MST) wrote about: [Wine]  Re: Wine and Mac Os X

>Hi,
>I have an Intel Core 2 Duo and the latest version of Mac OsX (Leopard). I don't know, it would just be interesting to know how others handle the software. I found a version which seems to be very user-friendly.

Of Darwine, I know of two people who are working on this for the Intel Macs:  Mike Kronenberg and Zach Drayer.  Both are good distributions of the program.

I run several programs, mostly Bible based on Darwine.

As to problems with either distribution, you should use their web sites.  Darwine is not supported by the Wine project.  If you find that you cannot run a program under Darwine, such as Office 2007, you should first look at the Applications Database and then post here.  What you have to do to run some programs under Darwine maybe different than what is needed to run them under Wine.

Also, to the people who will complain about my messages, my MacbookPro's display is not working.  It is going to the repair shop today.

James McKenzie