[Wine] Fwd: Wine on OpenBSD

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 15:59:45 CST 2008

2008/12/22 Marcel W. Wysocki <maci at satgnu.net>:
> On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:47:03 -0600
> "Austin English" <austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I meant Wine bugs for OpenBSD specific issues.
>> If you're interested, please e-mail me off list.

> oh i thought you meant virtualbox bugs for openbsd.
> its a known problem X wouldnt start.. among some other things..

Yes, as I've been discovering! Basically, VirtualBox plays fast and
loose with its emulation, and OpenBSD's facilities to detect and
prevent various attack vectors mean that it spots this and segfaults:

http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=8021
http://www.nabble.com/Bug-reports-regarding-Innotek-VirtualBox-td15907184.html

> i cant really spot any wine bugs on openbsd because it doesnt compile.

Yeah, I'm currently installing OpenBSD in qemu to see if I can do
something about this problem too.

- d.