[Wine] 3D sound/effects state of things

M.Kiesel wine-devel at continuity.cjb.net
Mon Dec 22 21:20:57 CST 2008

Hi all!

Short:
Concerning 3D sound effects in games (3D positional and echo etc.
effects), what's the state of things in Wine?

Long:
I don't know how Windows is handling 3D sound since I didn't play in
Windows for ages. Searching on the net I found that it seems that dsound
handles positional as well as other (echo etc.) effects, possibly
accelerated in hardware.
Quickly looking at Wine sources, it looks like none of this is really
implemented? So no ds3d echo and positional effects in Wine? Any solution
in sight?

Regards