[Wine] Re: Davka Writer

Ditzian wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 24 16:28:27 CST 2008

dimesio,

Thank you for the link to the Wiki.  There is no way in the world that I would have known how to run Wine from a terminal.  I was astounded (and thankful) when the first Windows program I installed just appeared in the PC menu and then ran properly.

> What version of Wine? Run it from a terminal and post whatever messages appear.
> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-f3515230c198befe0279d32c448d9c8da63be66f

Wine version 0.9.58-1

Run from Konsole:

[root at Natashahouse drive_c]# wine Davkawriter
wine: creating configuration directory '/root/.wine'...
Could not load Mozilla. HTML rendering will be disabled.
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
wine: '/root/.wine' created successfully.
wine: could not load L"C:\\windows\\system32\\Davkawriter.exe": Module not found
[root at Natashahouse drive_c]#

David Baron,

What is crossover Wine and where would I get it, or should I simply do a Google?

Jan