[Wine] New Ubuntu 8.10 User

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 26 18:38:33 CST 2008

StickMaker wrote:
> Brevalan, we must be twins. I'm a nooby, and a flatulus antiquatus and wondered about this apparently non-drinkable WINE all these experts talk about. You expressed my concerns perfectly. My immediate trial is to install Irfanview to run in Ubuntu 8.10. But I did find the Wine which David so kindly explained. Looks like I'm installing ttf-liberation, winbind, wine and wine-gecko. I'm making detailed notes for family at http://www.sticksite.com/linux/ and like you, I expect this to keep me busy most of the winter.

Remember that we supply Answers to Frequently Asked Questions as well as
the folks at Ubuntu.  Please read through them before asking questions
here to avoid the old "Just the FAQs ma'am" messages.  However, if you
eyes are as old as mine, you might miss the question and do feel free to
post here with your question.

James McKenzie