[Wine] Fwd: Fwd: Wine on OpenBSD

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 18:51:07 CST 2008

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 6:45 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/12/21 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
>> 2008/12/21 Marcel W. Wysocki <maci at satgnu.net>:
>
>>> there doesnt seem to be much changes to the source code in the freshports port
>>> and the missing define earlier was ENOTSUP
>>> however here is the output i get:
>
>> At this point we're probably getting into Wine developer level issues
>> :-) I suppose you could ask the FreeBSD port maintainer for tips,
>> and/or the wine developers mailing list. It'd be nice for OpenBSD
>> users to have a version newer than 1999 ...
>

> OK, I asked on wine-devel and OpenBSD bugs are entirely on-topic.
>
> To avoid confusion over OpenBSD issues - basically OpenBSD doesn't
> like VMs and doesn't care - I will not be reporting anything from VM
> tests, only things that I see happening on an actual physical PC.
>
> (Though I'll still be using the VM to potter about with it.)
>
> My current plan involves:
>
> * track down basic compile-time problems
> * look at any tweaks for freshports, see if those help, file a Wine
> bug and submit patches as needed
> * kick it a lot
> * see what happens
>

> - d.

I've got a box to install it on, but don't feel like risking my data,
so need to pick up a spare old ide drive from work. Assuming it
doesn't consider my box a security risk, should have some more
information soon.

Would you mind starting a wiki page on this?
http://wiki.winehq.org/OpenBSD is empty at the moment. I've done ones
for OpenSolaris/PC-BSD, see: http://wiki.winehq.org/PC-BSD and
http://wiki.winehq.org/OpenSolaris

The wiki page would make it easier to track progress.

Or feel free to e-mail me privately if you don't want to spam wine-users/devel.

--
-Austin