[Wine] Driver installation after reboot

Jochen Wiedmann jochen.wiedmann at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 14:40:15 CST 2008

I have installed a Windows game using Wine. ("Ritter Rost", basically
a simple point and click adventure for children, see
When starting the game, I receive a message that some drivers are
being installed. (That's okay, I receive the same message when running
the game for the first time on Windows.) The next message asks me to
reboot the systems. I am selecting "winboot" from the Gnome menu.
After starting the game again, I receive the message that there are
pending installation issues and I have to reboot the system. Finally,
after actually rebooting Linux, I receive the original message, back
to start.

Any ideas what I might do?

I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
how to use my telephone.

    -- (Bjarne Stroustrup,
       My guess: Nokia E50)