[Wine] Re: Rome Total War - Wine Install Omits Files

Cal wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 30 07:37:37 CST 2008

Further investigation suggests this is due to the install process under Wine omitting to create or copy certain files from the CDs.

I have found several files under C:/..../Activision/Rome - Total War/Data and sub-folders that exist in a Windows XP install, but not on the Ubuntu & Wine installation.  I have removed and re-installed to check that the install seems to complete normally.

How best to proceed with this? Should I create an entry under the AppDB?

Are there known circumstances (eg. particular file archive types) where data files are not created when installing under Wine?

Any help much appreciated

Cal