[Wine] Can't configure wine drives.

minguo33 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 30 22:43:21 CST 2008

Hi, I've installed a game from a  CD-ROM, (by typing 'wine setup.exe' in the console) but I cannot get my wine installation to recognize that the disk is in the drive and actually start the software.

If I launch the program, it complains that the disk is not present.

If I launch wineconfig, the Drives tab is entirely blank, with the exception of this message:

> failed to connect to the mount manager, the drive configuration cannot be edited

Is there any way to force wine to recognize a mounted CD drive through the console perhaps?

Is there some way to restore my 'mount manager'?