[Wine] wine-users Digest, Vol 41, Issue 117

Ramaddan ramaddan at gawab.com
Wed Dec 31 02:32:09 CST 2008

Hi David,

I have a copy of Windows that I bought a year or two ago, but never really
used it, as I preferred to use Linux.

Got it just in case I needed the license, I guess now I can put it to use.

Me paying for the Windows copy should include the fonts, right?

It's working now, and showing the fonts. Thanks a lot :-D

Now all that I have left is to get the characters to attach, and I tried
using the usp10.dll file from windows, but the characters are still

Something else I'm missing?

Regards and thanks again for the help :-)

>Subject:    Re: [Wine] BiDi Support
>Date:     31 Dec 2008, 01:28 AM
>From:     "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com>
>To:     wine-users at winehq.org
>>2008/12/31 vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:
>> Ramaddan wrote:
>>> The title in the title bar comes out correctly, however, whatever
>>> the program might have comes out blank, nothing.
>> Wine's fonts don't have Arabic glyphs (character shapes). You might want
>to install some windows fonts into your system.
>I highly recommend that you take the Tahoma font from an Arabic
>Windows box, which is a nice looking font in both languages. Simply
>downloading Tahoma from the web won't work, only the Tahoma as
>installed in an Arabic Windows computer will have the Arabic glyphs.
>Dotan Cohen

Send big files for free. Simple steps. No registration.
Visit now http://www.nawelny.com