[Wine] wine-users Digest, Vol 41, Issue 117

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 02:56:23 CST 2008

2008/12/31 Ramaddan <ramaddan at gawab.com>:
> I have a copy of Windows that I bought a year or two ago, but never really
> used it, as I preferred to use Linux.
> Got it just in case I needed the license, I guess now I can put it to use.
> Me paying for the Windows copy should include the fonts, right?

There was a discussion on that once, you can probably google it, but I
think that the conclusion is that you can _use_ the fonts locally, but
not redistribute them.

> It's working now, and showing the fonts. Thanks a lot :-D

> Now all that I have left is to get the characters to attach, and I tried
> using the usp10.dll file from windows, but the characters are still
> detached.
> Something else I'm missing?

I am not sure. Hebrew script is not attached like Arabic script is, so
I am only familiar with the RTL and non-unicode support issues. Can
you link to an Arabic-language program that I could test with?

On second thought, it has been a long time since I've worked with
Hebrew in Wine as I've found it _very_ problematic. I tried using MS
Office a few weeks ago and it was unusable due to RTL issues.

> Regards and thanks again for the help :-)

Dotan Cohen