[Wine] Word Wrap Problem

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 31 08:56:31 CST 2008

>On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 6:11 AM, simeon.mattes
><wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have installed openSuse 11.1, which uses wine 1.1.11. I had already used wine with openSuse 10.3 which, I think, had the version 1.0.
>>
>> I have a dictionary for windows which doesn't work well in wine 1.1.11 but it worked with a small problem, but not so big, in 1.0.
>>
>> As in all dictionaries, the explanation of a word is shown in a text box. When the explanation is too long the text box automatically wrap the words or it shows a horizontal scollbar or something equivalent so as to read the rest text. This doesn't happen in my case. For example let say that the text box has 5 cm width
>>
>> This is a very long long long long long long long
>> long long long long long long long long long long
>> long long long long long long long long long long
>> long long long long long long long long long long
>> long long long long long long long long long long
>> text.
>>
>> In my case, after the first sentence nothing is shown since everything is hidden. The problem is not only that the words are not wrapped but also that the cursor doesn't move on so as to reveal the hidden words.
>>
>> I didn't have this problem in wine 1.0. What I had was that although the words were wrapped when the text reached the hight of the toolbox everything again were hidden. Nevertheless, I could move the cursor downwards and see the rest text.
>>
>> Is there anything I could do?
>>

>Try native richedit.

This appears to be a regression.  Since there were many releases between Wine 1.0 and Wine 1.1.11 running a regression test would be a lengthy process.  However, can you attempt to install a lower development Wine release version, something like Wine 1.1.7 or Wine 1.1.6 to see if the problem exists there?

Thank you.

James McKenzie