[Wine] wine-users Digest, Vol 41, Issue 117

Ramaddan ramaddan at gawab.com
Wed Dec 31 16:30:35 CST 2008

Hi Dohan,
Here is a random program to test:
I use the following commands to get it working, in addition to the fonts
(more than just Tahoma, not sure which other one) from a Windows system
with Arabic locale:
LANG=ar_SA.utf-8 wine program.exe
The characters come up, but not attached.
Thanks for the help.
Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote on 31 Dec 2008, 03:56 AM:
Subject: Re: wine-users Digest, Vol 41, Issue 117
>2008/12/31 Ramaddan <ramaddan at gawab.com>:
>> I have a copy of Windows that I bought a year or two ago, but never
>> used it, as I preferred to use Linux.
>> Got it just in case I needed the license, I guess now I can put it to
>> Me paying for the Windows copy should include the fonts, right?
>There was a discussion on that once, you can probably google it, but I
>think that the conclusion is that you can _use_ the fonts locally, but
>not redistribute them.
>> It's working now, and showing the fonts. Thanks a lot :-D
>> Now all that I have left is to get the characters to attach, and I tried
>> using the usp10.dll file from windows, but the characters are still
>> detached.
>> Something else I'm missing?
>I am not sure. Hebrew script is not attached like Arabic script is, so
>I am only familiar with the RTL and non-unicode support issues. Can
>you link to an Arabic-language program that I could test with?
>On second thought, it has been a long time since I've worked with
>Hebrew in Wine as I've found it _very_ problematic. I tried using MS
>Office a few weeks ago and it was unusable due to RTL issues.
>> Regards and thanks again for the help :-)
>Dotan Cohen
>ذگ-ذ‘-ذ’-ذ“-ذ”-ذ•-ذپ-ذ–-ذ—-ذک-ذ™-ذڑ-ذ›-ذœ-ذ‌-ذ‍-ذں-ذ -ذ،-ذ¢-ذ£-ذ¤-ذ¥-ذ¦-ذ§-ذ¨-ذ©-ذھ-ذ«-ذ¬-ذ­-ذ®-ذ¯

Send big files for free. Simple steps. No registration.
Visit now http://www.nawelny.com