[Wine] One application that I would like to see work.

A. Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 09:32:46 CST 2008

Opera only works for certain platforms and closed source, so its inherently
a disease to the idea behind Linux.

In some cases, its worth paying for pre-compiled versions of proprietary
software for linux.  IBM does this for x86 for their lotus notes
application, and also for their iSeries Client access.

I'm not saying I don't support the idea, but that company's site looks like
they're relatively small.  To ask a community to bombard them with emails is
rude and selfish.

Photoshop is on a different scale, it is a standard, and part of today's
every-day vocabulary.  Using photoshop as an example of an application that
you "don't use", but "still request linux support for" is a weak argument.

There is certainly a contradiction between "runs on Linux" and "closed
source" Linux and the Open Unixes are the only widespread PC operating
systems to change Kernels on a monthly basis, and they're the only thing out
that can be compiled to run on any platform.  As long as new platforms are
developed, more requests for precompiled close source applications will
surface, and you will again be sending this SPAM email to a bunch of people
that don't program their own joysticks.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com