[Wine] Wine problems

Jason Russo jdrusso at iglou.com
Sun Feb 10 08:14:30 CST 2008

I have driver version 169.07 off NVidia's website which I compiled for
my system.  Upgrading that from my previous driver did not change
anything, so I guess I can rule out a bad driver.

I've turned off Beryl and tried a couple of other games and noticed some
fixme's in regards to changing color mode.  For example, Simcity 3000
started to work when I manually changed from 24bit color to 16bit color.
It required a restart of X to get it to work (as well as switching to
root to resave the xorg.conf file), so I am supposing that perhaps one
of my problems is how directx allows changing modes on the fly and for
some reason my Xwindow server doesn't fully support that.  I'm going to
try playing around with this a little more.  By the way, I'm using X
server v11.0, so does anyone know if there is any flaws in that version
that could manifest in problems with switching color modes?  I think I
have all the proper display settings defined in my xorg.conf file.