[Wine] fflush now?

Dee Ayy dee.ayy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 14:39:47 CST 2008

The stdio buffers (stdout, stderr) do not seem to flush until my wine
app exists.

I was testing pipes between PHP http://php.net/proc_open and Wine on
version 0.9.42 then the current 0.9.55 and only when I was returning
from my wine app, would the buffers flush.  In a real case, I do not
return from the wine app that quickly, but never see the data in the
stream unless I explicitly return from the wine app with a return
statement or kill the wine app and return from the app's WinMain.

This seems to have been a bug in the past
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-cvs/2006-March/021782.html Has it
returned?  I believe I found a page yesterday mentioning flush and app
exit with Alexandre Julliard, but this isn't the one
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2005-May/017363.html

I recall running a wine-0.9.27 or later and fflush worked (not using pipes).

If you try it from PHP, the $descriptorspec should be = array(
   0 => array("pipe", "r"),
   1 => array("pipe", "w"),
   2 => array("pipe", "w")
);

("w", not "r" for stderr, index 2).

Does wine fflush when you tell it?

Code compiled in VC++6.0 on MS Win XP; Run on Mac OSX Tiger Intel.
fflush(stdout);
fflush(stderr);

Regards.