[Wine] Coping WoW tree

DARKGuy . dark.guy.2008 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 18:01:07 CST 2008

I can personally guarantee that you can do so. The -only- settings WoW saves
is its installation path and such, which get recreated if they don't exist
in the registry when you run WoW, if I'm not mistaken. If MAY be a small
issue when Wrath of the Lich King comes out and you install it in WINE (I
dunno really) complaining it can't find WoW, but it shouldn't, as I've been
able to copy a normal WoW from my XP install and then patch it under WINE
manually.

Just as long as you copy your WTF folder, you're safe :).

BTW it also works cross-OS. Say, Vista->Linux, Linux->Vista, Linux->XP,
XP->Vista, and so on. Blizzard rocks.