[Wine] Wine 0.9.55 late for (k)ubuntu?

Marco Di Fresco marco.difresco at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 19:27:36 CST 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 14:16 -0500, A. Tres Finocchiaro wrote:
> You did an update right?
>
> The console equivalent woudl be "sudo apt-get update", but i'm not
> sure what the GUI equivelant would be.

Yes, I did the update. In Adept Manager the command is "Fetch Updates";
since Adept is just a graphic front-end for apt, I guess that "Fetch
Updates" is just doing your command.

On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 13:47 -0600, Evil Jay wrote:
> Wine 0.9.55 is (or at least was) in the official repos for Kubuntu
> 64-bit, but (at least on the latest Hardy alpha) it segfaults anytime
> you try to run anything on it.  So, it may have been pulled for
> repackaging.

So probably that is the cause; anyway that is strange because from
http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb it seems that every version of
(k)ubuntu has its own repository (... hum, maybe since Hardy is not yet
officially released it is using the same repository of Gusty).

Anyway I can wait, it is not a big problem (except some freeze on EVE
Online ... but that is another issue); I was just curious since usually
it takes 2-3 days for the update to show up.

Thanks for the info. :-)

--

Marco Di Fresco
http://marcodifresco.interfree.it/default.html