[Wine] fonts

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Mon Feb 18 11:52:22 CST 2008

On Monday February 18 2008 16:34:43 Roilan Cardoso Sánchez wrote:
> Hello every body, i´m testing some w32 apps with wine and I found some
> problems. Trying to install ArcGIS (My first installation), I had the
> following error: Need internet explorer 6. Well I installed IE 6, and
> continue installing ArcGIS, it was installed succesfully, but it installed
> Phyton, and throw some problems. Well finally installed I run ArcGIS and
> the fonts were crazy, I didnt see anything.

	Try to install fonts from Windows by copying them from c:\windows\fonts to
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts. Or alternatively you can use winetricks for
that by running following command:

winetricks allfonts

	If you don't have winetricks installed you can install it right now by
running following commands:

wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks
chmod +x winetricks
sudo mv winetricks /usr/bin/

> the ArcGIS can´t run, when i
> start it, the wine think and then nothing.

	Please run it from console (konsole or xterm) and attach its output as a file
here. If you don't know how to run Windows programs with WINE from the
command-line let me know, i will give you more instructions.

> I know wine don´t run
> everything, but i need it. and i need autocad too. please can anybody help
> me.

	AutoCAD (and other Autodesk products like 3ds max) currently doesn't work in
WINE. Hopefully in the future WINE will support AutoCAD, 3ds max and other
Autodesk products...
	But for now I'm afraid VirtualBox ( http://virtualbox.org ) or VMWare (
http://vmware.com ) are the only way to run AutoCAD in Linux.

	Thank you for using WINE.