[Wine] Running XP programs in wine

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 22:57:56 CST 2008

On Feb 19, 2008 11:45 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > What's this? wineprefixcreate?
> > >

> > This creates a new .wine folder.  Running wine notepad will do the same
> > thing from the wine bin directory.
> >

> Starting from a new wine install and no .wine folder.
> I ran wineprefixcreate
> and then winetricks and selected vcrun2005 and that installed the correct file:
>
> # ls msvc*
> msvcm80.dll  msvcp80.dll  msvcr80.dll  msvcrt.dll
> localhost system32 #
>
> I am running wine-0.9.55 on x86_64 gentoo.
> John

Ok, I got to the install. Actually the installer for the demo wanted
to install the VC2005 redistributable along with .NET Framework 2. The
install for the .NET framework failed but then I was able to install
the application successfully. Then it wanted me to register with sony
to receive an activation code. I declined to do that so I am not sure
if the program does indeed work.

John

--
John M. Drescher