[Wine] Windows Kernel & Executive implementation

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 19:07:57 CST 2008

On Saturday 23 February 2008, Volodymyr Shcherbyna wrote:
> I am not sure that ReacOS is a good example. Quite a big amount of
> code in ReactOS contains leaked code of Windows (from Windows 2k).
> Recently I did a research, since I have access to Windows code(code
> premium subscription), I am able to compare things.

Please don't top post.

Unfortunately, that lessens your chances of being able to submit code to
the Wine project. I don't know what the Wine project's policy is on
such things, it is ultimately Alexandre Julliard's call as the de-facto

But prior access to competing, proprietary closed-source code puts FLOSS
projects at increased legal risk, especially when the closed-source
company is making serious public statements about starting law suits
over patents. Double especially when that company is Microsoft.

Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com