[Wine] Web Forums

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sat Feb 23 12:34:57 CST 2008

On Saturday February 23 2008 17:57:17 Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> Kind regards,
> Sylvain Petreolle (aka Usurp)
>
> Support artists, not multinationals - http://Iwouldntsteal.net
> Supportez les artistes, pas les multinationales - http://Iwouldntsteal.net
>

> Free music you can listen to everywhere : http://www.jamendo.com

	This isn't a problem actually. For example, personally I don't use List-ID. I
filter messages using To, From, CC fields. Why? Because this is most
universal approach that can be used not only with
mailing lists that correctly set List-ID but with e-mail messages of any kind.
So I can sort mailing lists, some news messages, messages from other
people who very often send me e-mails, and so on... So what I said is true -
there is no technical reasons to have prefix in subject; but this doesn't
mean there is no social or other reasons to have it! Of course they do exist.
Therefore if there is some people who like this - fine, let's keep it "as
is".
	Personally I don't care about this issue. Just because I can remove [Wine]
prefix by piping them through sed 's/\[Wine\] //' if I wish. This is standard
function of my e-mail client. And in fact I use sed in my filters a lot.
However I do not remove [Wine] prefix because I don't care enough...

	In short, my opinion is simple: even if there is no good technical reason for
[Wine] prefix let's keep it if there is some users who likes it - and as it
clear from this discussion there are a lot of such users. Therefore [Wine]
prefix shouldn't be removed.