[Wine] Windows Kernel & Executive implementation

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sat Feb 23 13:29:35 CST 2008

On Friday 22 February 2008 17:12:41 wine-users-request at winehq.org wrote:
> Hello everyone, my name is Volodymyr, I am driver developer mostly doing
> stuff for Windows.
>
> I discovered that WineHQ project does not have support for drivers (am I
> wrong?). In other words, quite a big amount of applications will fail to
> function properly, because many of them are using helper device drivers to
> get some extended functionality. I can just mention RegMon, FileMon,
> TDIMom, and others.
>
> Theoretically, this task is possible to be implemented, but it requires
> quite a lot amount of work, of course. Is there any movements to overcome
> this limitation? Have you ever considered to achieve compatibility at this
> level?
>
> Basically, I am talking about implementation of analogs of Windows Kernel
> and Executive subsystems. On top of them, there might be implemented such
> popular subsystems as:
>
> - TDI subsystem (up to Vista)
> - WFP (starting from Vista)
> - Support for FS filters
> - and the rest
>
> Any comments are highly appreciated,

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Linux+Unified+Kernel+?content=75484

This is there but has nothing to do with kde. Unfortunately, this is the only
information you will be able to read as the company's site is in Chinese!

You need to patch wine, make a custom patched kernel to check this out.