[Wine] Re: Running XP programs in wine

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 24 15:57:48 CST 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> It turns out that my Windows installation doesn't have MSVCR80.dll

You didn't look good enough. It won't be in system32. But either in c:\windows\winsxs (system wide install) or somewhere under c:\Program Files\...

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> So why should the program work on Windows without the dll and not in wine?

In most cases it won't work on windows as well.

Can you repeat again what the exact problem you have? I haven't seen one yet, except some remarks about legality of using some dlls. How did you installed your program? And how exactly you running it (exact command line from what exact directory)?