[Wine] Starcraft with wine 0.9.46 (Ubuntu 7.10)

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Sun Feb 24 21:07:04 CST 2008

vitamin wrote:
> shakaran wrote:
>
>> Thanks James,
>>
>> Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":1.0".
>> Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":1.0".
>>

> Your video drivers are improperly installed. Fix that before submitting bogus bug reports. Also check Application database before submitting any bugs!

I suspected this and stated so.
> James McKenzie wrote:
>
>> My apologies, but you were correct, I had not received your update
>> before my reply. Have you submitted a bug report at the Wine Bugzilla?
>> I highly recommend doing so. Please add the logging file as an attachment.
>>

> STOP turning all user errors into bogus bugs! You are solely responsible for dozens of bogus bug reports! If you can't read that user already had new version and that it's video driver is broken then please no not reply at all!

REALLY now.  Dozens of bogus reports.  I think you should go back and
read that I have only asked about six or seven folks to submit bug
reports.  And I apologized that I had replied before this user had
posted the installation of a new release of Wine.  Also, I stated that I
thought the video driver was broken, as I don't think folks run on
screen 1.0 much (see I can read and understand.)

The creation of many 'bogus' reports is better than missing ONE
important, factual report.  However, I will look up the Applications
Database, when available, before giving such advice in the future.

Also, if you are going to FLAME someone, do it OFF THE LIST.   In the
future, I will NOT BE SO NICE.

James McKenzie