[Wine] Cstrike 1.6 problem

Luciano lucianobellou at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:26:59 CST 2008

Hi,

I'm new in the list. I hope that this would be the correct place to ask this
question.
When I run "wine hl.exe -game esf", the game runs but in a small resolution.
It's like the option windowed, but without window and very small. I receive
this message from console when launching:

--cut--
err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found
1024x768x32 @0! (XRandR)
err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found
640x480x16 @0! (XRandR)
fixme:vxd:VXD_Open Unknown/unsupported VxD L"gdperf.vxd". Try setting Windows
version to 'nt40' or 'win31'.
--cut--

In the game, when I want to change the resolution it doesn't show me any
option to select. The driver I can use is "opengl". D3D and software mode
don't work.
I tried setting windows version to nt40 and win31 but I received fatal errors
as "core dumped" messages.
The rest of the game works fine. The graphics go well into this "small
window". I wanted to know if there is a solution to this trouble because of
the "unsupported VxD "gdperf.vxd" message.

sorry by my English.
thanks,
Luciano.