[Wine] Re: Running XP programs in wine

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 28 04:42:47 CST 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> No, I'm not sure. I simply opened Konsole and worked in there. I have
> not CTRL-ALT-F'ed into any other screens (what is the correct term for
> that, anyway?).
>
> How do I check what screen I'm on?

The driver will be used as soon as you log on into your user access. The driver will be used as soon as you open a window under wine. This will not work unless you get an update of your video card driver (the card on which your screen is normally attached to).

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Thanks, I'll start googling .NET 2.0 for wine.

you don't need to google, the info is on the application description page of Wine. Searching for the .NET on Wine on Google, you will probably get mostly error log messages.

msvcr80.dll is already properly installed on Wine
If the net is installing something out of it, at the most in its own directory but not in sxs, but it's my own untested opinion.