[Wine] Web Forums

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Thu Feb 28 10:09:24 CST 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 10:12 AM, FatButtLarry
<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>  Seriously... phpBB is pretty exploited.  Easiest way to keep the spammers off is to change some of the defaults, such as .php extensions, rename posting.php, or anthing a bot would be hard-programmed with.

I thought the easiest way was to use a mailing list and drop such
broken, useless and easily exploited front-ends, such as web
forums...it's not like most mailing list hosting software doesn't come
with a decent archive feature.  And if they're too dumb to use email,
what hope do they have of being able to constructively discuss wine?

Paul Johnson
baloo at ursine.ca