[Wine] Running XP programs in wine

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 14:18:45 CST 2008

> Dan and everyone,
>  Winetricks does not leave me with a msvcr80.dll for any vcrun*
>  package. If I need to install the dll without winetricks, how can I do
>  that? Note that I have upgraded to wine-0.9.55.

winetricks is just a convent way to grab and install the Microsoft
redistributable package. The vcrun2005 package is a lot more than just
msvcr80.dll so just placing that in some locations will not work. See
my other 2 posts today for what it installed.

When running winetricks vcrun2005 did it pop up a dialog box asking
you to accept a license? Where there any errors on the console when
you ran that?

John