[Wine] Drive not found-problem when running programs in Wine

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Feb 28 14:31:08 CST 2008

BioDynamo <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> My wife has a Asus Eee (running the original Xandros Linux),
> on which she wants to run the Rosetta Stone
> ... so I installed Wine, copied the files on
> the CD-ROM to a USB memory stick, ran the installer under
> Wine, and everything worked...
>
>  So the program itself runs, however, it does not recognise
> the files on the memory stick as a CD-ROM.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=7544
has some tips you might try.  Did you check there?
Also, what version is your Rosetta Stone?

I think your best bet is simulate the cd-rom better, i.e.
copy the iso image (not the files) to the memory
stick, then do a loopback readonly mount of the image onto /media/cdrom.
e.g. mount -o ro,loop /media/usbkey/foo.iso /media/cdrom
(You probably want to write a little shell script to do this.)

And then make sure Wine notices the new 'drive', and install from there.

Let me know if I'm talking too fast :-)